Friday, 4 August 2017

My August Goals.





This may shock everyone who reads my blog, but despite the fact that I have been blogging with various blogs for about 7 1/2 years, I have never really shared any of my specific personal goals on my blog.   I have always had goals throughout my life obviously, but I have never really mentioned anything about them.

So I thought it would actually be quite a good thing to try out, keeping it fairly simple to begin with, and see how I get on.   Interestingly, one of my goals from this list I have already done which is really good, and it was only yesterday.   That's definitely a good start.


These are my goals for August.


Keep experimenting with my art.


I really do enjoy doing my painting.  Some of it is a bit weird and off the wall but I really love doing it, I love experimenting with colours particularly as I am now using acrylic paints, and I love coming up with funky shapes and doing geometric designs.  There are no boundaries when it comes to art.








Sort my bedroom out.


I am a bit of a hoarder.  I have stuff to sort in my wardrobe, in my bureau, which I have decide I want moving because I don't use it as much as I should, my drawers where I keep paperwork and art stuff need tidying, I have near empty bottles of cosmetics that need attention and my daily essentials area is too bloody crowded anyway.   It needs sorting.


Meet up with my friends.





I actually started doing this yesterday as I met my friend Angela for coffee and dessert when she had finished work.  We went to Café Neros and then went to this restaurant called Cote for dessert , Crème caramel, which was lovely.  It was a really nice evening.  And I have already arranged to meet two of my other friends later on in the month too, so it's all good.  It's always nice to catch up with your friends when you haven't seen them in a while.



Use stuff up before I get more.


That's leading onto what I have just said, but I really am a nightmare for having bottles and bottles of shower gel, and I can't keep all of them in the bathroom because there are other people to think about besides me!



Read the pile of magazines beside my bed.





I currently have three magazines beside my bed which is their designated home within the bedroom, which actually for me isn't too bad, except I know there is another one due to arrive any day now and I haven't started reading any of these three that are already there, and as they are Total Film magazines it's not exactly a thin magazine.  This is something I must get on top off too, if I am going to continue reading them.



Start reading a book.


Like literally any book.   Nevermind the pile of magazines.  I do miss reading books I will admit, although sometimes I can be very indecisive about what I want to read and then because of that I end up not reading anything.  Need to try and get out of the habit of that really.   So I need to find a book to read now.



Do more on Instagram.






To be fair, I only started using Instagram properly this year.   Most of the time I tend to just share my art or my colouring, but I have started to go out a bit more lately so I think I would like to start taking a few more pictures and share them for people to see.  I do like looking at pictures others have posted on there too.  I think I feel I would like to be a bit more consistent myself with it.  So this is a picture  of my pudding from last night, crème caramel!



Try and blog a bit more consistently.


So yeah, moving on from using Instagram more consistently, maybe I should look at blogging more consistently too.   It's on the list of things to do when I come up with ideas for blog posts of course.  Might need them first.



Treat myself to something from ASOS.




I have decided I really do love ASOS.  I bought a dress and a new pair of shoes the other month and they fit really well.   I had started shopping at Misguided recently too, but having discovered what ASOS offered after I shopped at Misguided, I have decided ASOS is much better quality in my opinion.   And, as this is my birthday month (12th) I have an extra 20% off too.  Bonus.  Better get looking hadn't I.



Keep the habit of setting goals for myself.


Like I said, I don't usually set myself goals, or if I do I don't usually share them.  So perhaps I should do it more often and try and stick to them of course, or as many as I can at least.   I quite enjoyed writing this post too.    Personal goals are definitely a great way forward.



Thanks for reading.


Sarah x


SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig