Friday, 7 July 2017

My Creative Artwork And Colouring.




Over the last week I have managed to complete two new paintings and three pieces of colouring which I have been really thrilled with.  I think it has been the most amount of colouring I have done, in the space of time that I have done them in.    Most of all I feel like they have helped me to relax a bit too.   Relaxing is good.   Here are my coloured pictures done with felt tips.





An armadillo.   This colouring book is a 'Colour Therapy' one.  It has a really great selection of pictures in it. 





I love the rabbit, it is one of my favourite pictures that I have coloured.  They are so detailed too and they do take a while to complete, but the whole point is you don't rush them.  






The elephant.   I quite like the way I have coloured this one, I reckon it looks a bit more 'even' than the other two.    These types of colouring books are great because you can colour them in whatever colours you want and they can take literally ages to complete.   Especially if you are a bit of a perfectionist like me.


I have also done two paintings over the last few days, the first of which took me a little while to complete.   I basically did it in several stages over a couple of days to ensure all the colours I was using didn't 'bleed' into each other too much.   It is really annoying when that happens.    These are my two paintings.








I am quite chuffed with the way it turned out.  Still feel I need a bit of practise when blending in different colours.   I like the colours in this one.






This is the second painting.   It is a fairly simple painting I will agree, but one thing I am so pleased about is, with not having as many shades in my water colour paint selection at the moment I do a lot of mixing, and this is the first time I have managed to get a fairly decent lilac colour.  I will however at some point invest in a wider range of water colours.   I just don't want to waste the ones that I already have.   I did enjoy doing these, particularly the first painting, despite how long it took me.  I am really happy with them all.


Check out my other paintings from my previous post:

https://sarahsdreamscapes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/new-creative-paintings.html



Thanks for reading.


Sarah x













SHARE:

Media.net

Blogger templates by pipdig