Sunday, 25 June 2017

My Creative Artwork.



I do find painting very relaxing.  Not so long ago I used to do paint by numbers, the acrylic kind, and you can get from the internet, and they are generally not very expensive.   But I do think it's a lot more special when you draw and design something yourself no matter how detailed, or cute or even strange it may be. 


Anyhoo, recently I have rediscovered my love of my random abstract/geometric art that I occasionally like to turn my hand to.   I do find it very relaxing.  I have been presently practising on the 'blending' side to my art as I have noticed that sometimes it look a bit too...clean cut is probably the term I would use.   Although I have done some geometric style art today, I have also been practising my blending techniques with water colours, and I am quite pleased with the results.   Practise makes perfect of course.


These are my most recent paintings. I do also post them on Instagram too, along with loads of other stuff obviously, so if you would like to follow me this is my link:


https://www.instagram.com/dragonrealm8yahoo.co.uk_/






This is the 'geometric style' one.  I draw all my paintings free hand, I don't tend to use a ruler or anything, and I think that's because really when you use a ruler for art or anything really, often the end result is a drawing that is fairly precise.  I find free hand more enjoyable.   It is quite strange but I like it.






This is the second one I started experimenting with blending the watercolours. The green turned out ok, but the whole picture itself does have a certain 'muddy' aspect to it don't you think?!  I do prefer vibrant colours personally, but to be honest, I wasn't quite sure what I was doing with this one when I started.  So with that in mind, I don't think it's too bad.







This is my favourite and it was actually the second piece that I did today.   I love this painting the best because all the colours I chose seemed to go quite nicely, plus, plus, blue and purple are my favourite colours.   I am so pleased how this one turned out.  The piece in the middle of this picture is actually meant to be a vase, in case anyone is wondering.  Let's call it a 'bespoke' vase.  For a single flower which if it were for me, would simply be a red rose as they are my favourite flower.


Check out my other post on abstract art here:



I really did enjoy painting these today, it is particularly unusual for me to do more than one painting in a day so doing three is pretty cool I think.  It was very relaxing, and relaxing is always good.



Thanks for reading.


Sarah x









 



SHARE:

Media.net

Blogger templates by pipdig